Update from Yellow Creek Baptist Church
The Lord continues to bless and amaze me through the ministry of Yellow Creek Baptist Church. Since Easter, our attendance has bumped by 40-50 people. PRAISE GOD!!! We’ve already baptized over 100 this church year(since September 1, 2014), and we have several more to baptize including 5 as of this Sunday….maybe even some more. If you have been saved, but not scripturally baptized, please contact me so we can set up a time for you. We can baptize on any Sunday…..inside or in the creek.
The next few weeks are going to be incredibly busy for us and we need everybody’s help:
- Community Patriotic Celebration & Fireworks, Sunday July 5th. Beginning at 6PM, we will eat, sing, and fellowship together. Then we will enjoy one of the largest and best fireworks shows in this area. Our Patriotic Celebration and Fireworks is a tremendous opportunity to invite people who do not normally come to church. Last year, we had almost a dozen people accept Christ at this event. Please pray about who The Lord would like for you to invite this year.
- Vacation Bible School, Monday July 6th through Friday July 10th. Classes for all ages from Pre-K to Adult begin at 6:30. We will have a meal each night at 5:30. At each session of Vacation Bible School we will worship, do crafts, and Study the Word of God together. Vacation Bible School is the #1 evangelistic outreach. Please pray now for VBS, once again ask God who you need to invite, and then help us make this VBS our most successful ever. We will have our VBS Program on Sunday July 12th during second service. In preparation for Vacation Bible School, we will be meeting each Wednesday evening at 5:45. Please make plans to attend.
- Our next Men’s Breakfast will be Saturday morning, July 11th, 7:30AM at Country Diner.
- Jesus Rally—Sunday July 12th through Wednesday July 15th at Stewart County Middle School in Dover. Our choir will be singing each night, Allen Guyer will be leading the choir, I’ll be leading the band, and Brother Jerry Spencer will be bringing a message. Whether you have doubts about Jesus, questions about Jesus, or a passion for Jesus, this is an event you will not want to miss.
- Our ladies will be having their quarterly brunch on Saturday morning August 1st, 9AM, at the church.
- Our 3rd Annual Cruisin the Creek Car, Truck, Tractor, and Motorcycle Show will be Saturday August 22nd from 8AM-2PM. This is another one of our big outreach events of the year. There will be doorprizes for everybody plus 4 Grand Prize Drawings. If you enter a car or truck in the show, you will be registered to win a 1986 Corvette. If you enter a motorcycle in the show, you will be registered to win a $500 Gift Card to Appleton’s Harley Davidson. If you enter a tractor in the show, you will be registered to win a $500 Gift Card to Hutson John Deere, and if you attend the show as a spectator, you will be entered to win a 1985 Ford Mustang. Admission is free, donations will be accepted with all proceeds going to the Building Fund. There will also be a silent auction and concessions. We will need lots of help working the car show that day. Plus, please try to secure silent auction items and doorprizes ahead of time.
Our food pantry continues to help needy families in our area. PRAISE GOD!! Its running low on food, so please bring non-perishable food items in. Everything except for Corn and Green Beans are needed.
If you are not on our “all-call” phone & text system, please sign up. Its free, and this is the best way to keep everybody informed of late breaking information. Please give me or Leslie Reese your name and phone number.
Our Wednesday nights have been AWESOME lately. At the beginning of Summer, I asked you for hard topics you’d like to learn more about and you didn’t disappoint. We still have some great lessons to come such as “Sin in the Life of the Christian”, “Once Saved, Always Saved”, “Right Hands in Scripture”, “Angels”, plus more studies from Revelation. We eat each Wednesday night at 5:45. At 6:30, we have TEAMKID for Pre-K through Elementary Ages, Youth Group for Middle & High School Ages, plus small group prayer time, praise, and preaching for Adults. If you do not currently attend on Wednesday, please start joining us. You’ll love it!!!
I look forward to worshipping with you this Sunday at Yellow Creek. The Lord has given me a special message leading up to these events. I’m very excited about what He’s going to do. I’m honored to be your Pastor.
May God Bless,
Phillip Chambers, Pastor