Update from Yellow Creek Baptist Church
Praise The Lord we had 10 people saved this past Sunday at Yellow Creek Baptist Church!!! Something really interesting happened after service and I wish you could have been there to see it. We had baptism in the creek and after I got through baptizing the 3 that were scheduled for baptism, I felt impressed to say this…. “There are 2 requirements for baptism. #1 you must be saved, #2 you must have water. We’ve got plenty of water in the creek, so is there anybody who is saved that would like to be baptized today?” Lo and behold a Mother and her two children answered the call of God and followed The Lord in Believer’s Baptism. That makes 121 for the church year with more baptisms coming up in the following weeks. HALLELUJAH!!!
Got some events coming up that I want you to know about. I really hope you will make plans to be at all of these…..
- Concert with Jeff & Sheri Easter, THIS SUNDAY NIGHT, August 2nd, 6PM. Jeff & Sheri were the first concert we had in the new building last year and they were absolutely incredible. They wanted to come back and we can’t wait for this Sundaynight. If you like Southern Gospel, Bluegrass, or Praise and Worship music….you will love Jeff & Sheri. They do some of all of it. Please make sure you plan to attend this great worship service!!!
- Men’s Breakfast, Saturday August 8th, 7:30AM at Country Diner
- Our 3rd Annual Cruisin the Creek Car, Truck, Tractor, and Motorcycle Show will be Saturday August 22nd from 8AM-2PM. This is another one of our big outreach events of the year. There will be doorprizes for everybody plus 4 Grand Prize Drawings. If you enter a car or truck in the show, you will be registered to win a 1986 Corvette. If you enter a motorcycle in the show, you will be registered to win a $500 Gift Card to Appleton’s Harley Davidson. If you enter a tractor in the show, you will be registered to win a $500 Gift Card to Hutson John Deere, and if you attend the show as a spectator, you will be entered to win a 1985 Ford Mustang. Admission is free, donations will be accepted with all proceeds going to the Building Fund. There will also be a silent auction and concessions. We will need lots of help working the car show that day. Plus, please try to secure silent auction items and doorprizes ahead of time.
- Our choir will be singing for a couple of Revivals coming up in our area. Friday night August 28th at Mt. Pleasant UMC in Woodlawn and Friday September 18th at Marion UMC.
- Clothing Giveaway has been scheduled for Saturday October 24th. We prefer for you to wait and bring your clothes closer to time, but if you need to get them out of your house, we do have storage upstairs. We will be putting everything together on Wednesday night October 21st
- Food Giveaway is Saturday November 14th. We will be putting everything together on Wednesday night November 11.
- Bible Conference with Dr. Jeff Laborg, Sunday November 15th- Wednesday November 18th. People are still talking about last year’s Bible Conference and I’m so very excited as to what God will do this year. We will be getting DEEP into the word of God over these 4 days. You won’t want to miss it.
- Church-wide Thanksgiving Meal & Service, Sunday November 22nd, 5PM. This is when we get together to eat, fellowship, and hear a state of the church address.
Our food pantry continues to help needy families in our area & at Austin Peay State University. PRAISE GOD!! Its running low on food, so please bring non-perishable food items in. Everything except for Corn and Green Beans are needed.
If you are not on our “all-call” phone & text system, please sign up. Its free, and this is the best way to keep everybody informed of late breaking information. Please give me or Leslie Reese your name and phone number.
My vacation last week was very refreshing. I spent a lot of time studying and I can’t wait to bring messages in the coming weeks on “What will you be doing when you die?: “Angels”, “So you think God can’t use you?”, “What does the Bible say about Cremation?”, and whatever else The Lord impresses on me to preach. Remember, I’m just the mail man delivering the mail from our Heavenly Father. I’m honored to have that job and I’m especially honored to be the Pastor of such a great church!!
May God Bless,
Phillip Chambers, Pastor